Just a quick update, as I am falling asleep while typing this. I had my ultrasound last week and my doctor said the cyst was tiny! Hooray! Also, my follicle situation seemed to correct itself—I had 18 total, as opposed to the 6 I had at my last scan. Phew.
I started my first pill of Estrace today. So far so good. I also had a root canal this morning and then worked until 7:30 this evening. Hence the falling asleep. Someday, I will write an entire post about my teeth problems and then you can all cry from boredom.
Anyway, it’s looking good for me to start injections on day 3 of my next cycle, which should be next week sometime. Eeeeeee! Could it really be happening? We’ll see!
In case anyone is interested, here is what I did to try and get rid of the cyst. Admittedly, I didn’t do any one of these things super consistently, so who knows what actually helped:
- Heating pad on my abdomen
- Apple cider vinegar (1 teaspoon mixed with a little water twice a day)
- Herbs from my acupuncturist. No idea what was in those, but they tasted dead nasty.
- Chamomile tea
- Reduced sugar intake. I tried to cut it out completely, but I am not a strong enough woman for that. I can give up alcohol, caffeine, gluten and dairy no problem, but don’t mess with my sugar, peeps.
- Visualization. The way I saw it is that the cyst was part of me, so I had to be gentle with it. I pictured holding it in the palm of my hand, watching it slowly shrink. And I also talked to it. Yep, I talked to my cyst. I told it that it was ok, and that it didn’t need protect me from anything anymore. That it was all right for us to proceed with IVF and we’d figure it out together. I win this week’s Coocoo Award, but hey, the cyst shrunk, so I’ll gladly accept.
That’s all I got right now. My head needs a pillow. I’ll leave you with a couple of photos so you can see what we’ve been up to lately. Merry Monday to all and to all a good night.