Dear Little Fish,
Tomorrow you will be five weeks old! Holy snap, you’re growing so fast.
Here’s some of the things you can do at five weeks:
- Look cute
- Make various noises: most notably, dove coos and pterodactyl caws
- Open your eyes super-wide and make an “O” shape with your mouth
- Smack your lips
- Stretch. Whenever we unwrap your from your swaddle, your dad and I love to watch you squirm around and wake up. We call it “The Lettie Show.” And yes, we are dorks.
- A super-sly side-eyed glance.
Here’s some of the things you like:
- Your Miracle Blanket
- Bicycle legs
- Singing. Your favorite song is “Amazing Grace.” But you only like it when I sing. Dad, not so much.
- Dancing. You dig TLC’s “Unpretty” and, much to my chagrin, an array of Phish jams.
Here’s a few random bits about your first five weeks:
- It took over a month, but you’re finally back up to your birth weight. Congrats, chub!
- Whenever I’m out in public without you, I feel like shouting to every stranger I pass, “Hey, I have a baby! A baby, can you believe it? A real, live baby!”
- You now have a circus name, should you ever want to join up: Fetus LaFouche. Yeah, don’t ask.
- Your dad? I’m pretty sure he’s psyched you’re a girl. When choosing outfits for you, he always picks out the pinkest, most girliest thing he can find. I tend to gravitate towards yellows or greens, but your dad is all about the pink.
So there it is, itty-bitty you at five weeks. Mostly, I just love the crap out of you. Even when you turn into crazy-face, cry-box, inconsolable Coco.
Of all of the pictures and videos of you I sent your Grandma Peggy, this was her favorite: